Anisa Rachman

Anisa+Rachman

Anisa Rachman, Reporter

Hello! I’m Anisa Rachman. I am one of the new freshman writers for the newspaper this year. Surprisingly, I didn’t originally plan on joining at all. I took a Journalism class my first semester here at the CCA high school because I wanted to improve my writing skills. I ended up enjoying the work I did and decided to join Publications class the next semester. I hope to continue my work for The Anchor through the next few years.

Although I take joy in writing, I have many other interests as well. For example, I also enjoy basketball, drawing, playing the bassoon, reading, and most recently, watching documentaries. I play basketball for the CCAHS team and started bassoon for the band too. I followed in my brother’s footsteps for many of the interests that I enjoy. He encouraged me to join activities at school and it eventually helped me find hobbies that I love.

While I still have a long way to go, my plans for the future are to go to college out of state and work my way towards becoming either a journalist or a graphic designer. Kristen Welker, an NBC News reporter who works as a White House Correspondent, is someone whom I look up to. I aspire to have her kind of hardworking and confident approach to life. Among the many, I would have to say, my Mom, Debra Wilson, and my Dad, Ahmad Rachman, have inspired me the most through the years. They always have my back and help me out whenever they can. I am grateful to have them in my life and hope to make them proud.