The Student News Site of Clear Creek Amana High School

Four years of growth

April 9, 2021

When any freshman starts high school, it’s safe to say that many are uneasy or nervous, and can’t imagine what the next four years will be like or where they will end up. Eliza Evans, a senior soccer player at CCAHS, will be graduating along with the rest of the class of 2021. And even she admits she had no idea what her four years in high school would end up being like. 

Evans started playing for the high school soccer team her freshman year. “One of my favorite memories in high school was the first week of soccer my freshman year,” said Evans. “ I didn’t know what to expect and I didn’t know any of the upperclassmen but it was a season that resulted in a lot of growth for me.”

Eliza Evans will be attending Buena Vista University in the fall studying rehabilitation health sciences in hopes of becoming a physical therapist. 

“In college, I’m looking forward to a more specialized education that reflects my career aspirations. I’m also excited to meet new people and experience college soccer!”

— Eliza Evans

Outside of her school life and soccer, Evans is a dedicated and growing artist who experiments with many different mediums. She also enjoys reading as well. 

Evans commented, “Above all, the thing that has influenced and motivated me the most is my relationship with God in the past two years. I have learned a lot and I hope to keep learning new things each day.”

Like many other CCA seniors, Evans has grown close with the students and staff at CCA and will miss them after she departs. “What I will miss the most about CCA are my friends and the teachers,” Evans explained. “I will miss seeing my friends every day, and throughout my four years here I have always received lots of support from my teachers. I can only hope the same for college!”